I have nothing profound to say here, just posting a map I made from the latest World Press Freedom Index data, courtesy of Reporters Without Borders. Bland observations below:
- Tunisia is one of the few bright spots in the Middle East.
- Northern Europe is doing very well.
- Bhutan is a standout in South Asia.
- Indonesia/Malaysia come out on top in Southeast Asia.
- Sub-Saharan Africa looks surprisingly alright.
- That North Korea-China-Vietnam axis is awful.
- Turkmenistan has very cool statues but is otherwise not great.
- Cuba is the worst in the Western Hemisphere.
- I have no idea what is going in in Eritrea but they tend to score horrifically on these freedom indices.
That’s it. I have a bunch of serious posts that are halfway done, so more content is coming, its just been a busy month.